Thursday, October 10, 2013

    Hello world, it's been a long time. I would have posted sooner, but I've been traveling in Eastern Europe with a group of gypsies and Elvis impersonators Not really, I've just been doing other stuff. Today I would like to give my review of a new group called Dream Fire. Their E.P. can be heard here: https://www.facebook.com/dreamfirevt

     Vocalist and song writer Jacob Rice channels Prince in a tasteful manor in this fun, funky little collection of pop dance tunes. While pop music isn't my favorite genre of all time; I prefer weird stuff, there's no denying Rice and crew's talent. With funky guitar riffs and blasting bass lines, I dare you to listen to this without bouncing your head. Yeah, it's pop, but it's good pop.

   My favorite tune on this E.P. is definitely the first track, titled Risk Frisk. It is
a six minute club banger of a track, show cases Rice's vocal chops, as well as the whole group's competence in funk. The changes are refreshing, and all together it is a great tune. the rest of the E.P. is catchy as heck, in a good way.  The down fall I see in pop dance music, however, is that it is simple to a fault. That's how I feel about the rest of the E.P., but hey that's just one man's opinion. There's no denying that Jacob Rice has one fierce vocal range.

   I don't want to get too hung up on the fact that this type of music really isn't my bag, it's not daring enough, but I just want to say this. I wanted to hate Justin Timberlake. For a while I really did. Come to find out, he's a genius with more talent and charisma than almost every other current top 40 artist. He sucked when he was a Disney kid, but there can be no denying his talent and ability to thrive in the music world of today. That's how I feel about Dream Fire, without the Disney part. Anyway, Dream Fire is A-O.K. in my book. Rock on fellas.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment